OK, so it was clearly my own fault for spacing out. The Husband reminded me that I could buy it or something similar at the Apple Store. I reminded him that I *hate* shopping at the Apple Store. I'd rather have my toenails pulled out with pliers than shop there. I tried the Apple Online Store instead, thinking if it was in stock I could pay the penance of slightly higher shipping rather than the exorbitant fees of the first retailer I tried and all would be right with the world. Have you used the search function in the Apple Online Store lately? It sucks. Which forced me to make a trip to the store. You know, the one I hate. And here's why...
Top 5 reasons to hate the Apple Store
- The lousy design of the online shopping experience forces you to go there to risk the dreaded upsell and generally be annoyed. You'd think a company like APPLE would have the e-commerce experience nailed. But not so much.
- It's a fucking hipster community center. At any time of day the place is filled with dudes in goofy hats with stupid facial hair dicking around on Apple products you know they probably already have at home. Don't these people have jobs? Why is the place so bloody crowded in the middle of the goddamn afternoon? Oh, that's right. It's because you can attempt to check out any time you'd like, but it's damn near impossible so you can never leave.
- They have dispensed with the hopelessly uncool cash registers so there is no place to form a line. With no line, there is no order. Nobody knows who is next, and you have to wade through a sea of douchebags asking questions about hardware they don't understand the answers to anyway when all you want to do is pay for your merchandise and go. It took me less than a minute to find what I wanted, and then another TEN MINUTES to find someone in a blue shirt to take my damn money.
- The iPhone checkout thing is a pain in the ass. I was using what was left on a gift card before it expired and putting the rest on debit. To use the gift card, I had to know *exactly* how much was left on it. Luckily it was written on the back of the card, because their fancy little iPhone app can't check that fairly important bit of information. Turns out that phone is not so smart after all. HA!
- When the hipster douchebags get tired of hanging out at the Apple Store all day for free, they apply to work there. So you end up having your order checked out by someone with stupid facial hair and hat head who says "Like" a lot and wants to give you a hug. It should come as a surprise to no one to learn that I am NOT a hugger.