- My kid had a rough night. She was up three times between midnight and 5 AM. I don't know why.
- Of course she was, because I was sleeping comfortably for the first time in weeks.
- We are both tired and grumpy.
- On a probably related note, fuck Daylight Savings Time. Fuck it right in the ear!
- I officially hate IKEA, but every time I try to get away from shopping there I am reminded they have stuff that's "good enough" at a quarter the price of stuff I really like elsewhere. I just can't bring myself to shop elsewhere for stuff that doesn't need to be durable.
- It's the first nice, sunny weekend we've had in many, many months. I really wanted to spend more if it outside, but it's not quite warm enough to set up a lounge chair in the backyard.
- I need to buy one of those outdoor heater things.
- Oh who am I kidding? I'm too cheap to buy furniture at places other than IKEA. I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on a super-sized kerosene lamp.
- I don't think my kid is the only one who is going straight to bed after dinner.
- I'm excited about that. She's not.
I started this blog when my husband and I were expecting our first child to document my pregnancy and warn people of all the things nobody tells you about. Then it followed our family's journey through secondary infertility. It turns out I forgot as much as I learned. One might think that motherhood has softened me... One would be wrong.
Sunday, March 10, 2013
My day in point form
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment