- I majored in English Lit and History. I used to read voraciously but I just don't have the time that I did pre-kid. I still manage to make my commute more bearable by burying my face in a book. Or more accurately, a Kobo.
- I never thought I'd embrace the eBook because I love the tactile experience of turning pages and the smell of old books. I can while away several hours in a good used bookstore. Yes I am kind of a nerd. However, it's a lot easier to manoeuvre a digital book on a crowded subway so I adapted. Darwin would be proud.
- I love to travel but I HATE flying. The people in airports make me grumpy, I feel like a criminal as I make my way through security and I don't think I want to know what a heart rate monitor would read at takeoff, landing and/or during turbulence. However, the destination matters more than the journey so I suck it up.
- I love music but have no musical ability. I tried and failed miserably at a number of instruments, mostly due to a lack of patience but the total absence of aptitude didn't help. A friend once told me that to appreciate music one simply must be able to play an instrument. I reminded her that one need not know how to cook to appreciate a good meal, and then I told her to fuck off.
- I swear a lot. In fact, it's toned down in my writing. If you were to hang out with me in person, you'd probably be surprised I eat with this mouth. One day I will teach my daughter how to use foul language correctly and effectively, but I'm pretty sure she has already picked up the basics.
- I'm a night owl but the 9-5, working parent life has forced me to change my ways. I miss the stillness and solitude of the dead of night, but I'd miss the feeling of being able to function during the day even more.
- I'm cheap about really weird things. I get very angry when I can't find toilet paper on sale but it's not like it's something I'm prepared to do without, so grudgingly I put the full price stuff in my shopping cart alongside the fancy New York strip steaks that are decidedly not on sale. In some alternate universe this makes perfect sense.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
So... Tell me about yourself...
The Giggling Truckers Wife gave me the Tell Me About Yourself award. Thanks, Kathy! As a recipient of this award, I'm to tell you seven things about me, so here goes: